My Journey to Wellbeing: Step by Step (by step)

Over the last few weeks, I've been thinking hard about my journey to wellbeing. I've thought about what well-being is, and how I define it for myself. I've thought about the areas of my life that affect my wellbeing. I've decided to set a few goals within each of those categories. As I achieve them, I'll set new ones. This isn't a 30-day challenge. This is something I plan to do for the rest of my life...and it's going to be fun.



What is Wellbeing (to me)?

To me, wellbeing is a combination of wellbeing and contentment (nope, I'm not saying "happy". As I talked about in a different post about chasing happiness, I think about that differently). 

Wellbeing, in my terms, has to do with bringing physical and mental health to a point where it is contributing to the quality of my life instead of taking away from it. Contentment means that I'm not just coping with my life but, on average, I'm enjoying it and am satisfied and fulfilled by it. That will include good times and bad, but on the whole, the feeling should be a positive one.

What Goes into Wellbeing?

This is a tough question. That's why I didn't make this the first post on this blog. That said, I've come up with a number of things I'll want to focus on over time. I will definitely be adjusting this list over time as I take on new healthy lifestyle habits and get to know where I should be focusing my attention. That growth is what this journey is all about! It's going to be challenging, but so much fun. I'm loving it already. I feel like I've opened my eyes to a whole new world, and I haven't even had to go anywhere (except that farmer's market for the first time!).

Here are the main areas where I will be focusing on improving my wellbeing:

  • Nutrition 
  • Fitness
  • Sleep
  • Mindfulness
  • Health (physical/emotional/mental wellness, disease/illness prevention/treatment)
  • Skin care (both for health and beauty) 
  • Education (formal and informal learning)
  • Social
  • Environment 

Over my upcoming blogs, I'll explain what I mean about each of these. That way, I'm hoping that some of the choices I make and things I try will make more sense to you, as well as to me. 

I hope you'll find this as helpful and inspiring as I do. I welcome you to follow me on social media, too. That's where you'll get extra details about everything I talk about here:


Facebook

Twitter

Instagram

Popular posts from this blog

Giving Natural Sleep Remedies a Try for the First Time

Beginning the “Like Grandma Made” Challenge for WellBeing